|Musashi: Samurai Legend|
| 武蔵伝II ブレイドマスター|
Musashiden Tsū Bureido Masutā
|Release date(s):||NAMarch 15, 2005|
JPJuly 7, 2005
EUSeptember 9, 2005
|Genre:||Action Role-playing game|
|Character designer:||Tetsuya Nomura, Takuya Iwasaki, Gen Kobayashi, Tomoyuki Sato, Daigo Tsukada, Mihoko Ishii, Fumi Nakashima|
|Composer(s):||Masashi Hamazu, Junya Nakano, Takayuki Iwai, Yuki Iwai|
Musashi: Samurai Legend, known in Japan as The Legend of Musashi II: Blade Master, is a third-person action game developed and published by Square Enix Co., Ltd. in 2005 for the Sony PlayStation 2. Much like its predecessor, Brave Fencer Musashi, the game involves real-time combat in a 3D environment, and character designs by Tetsuya Nomura.
In the city of Antheum, carried by a magical beast called Anthedon - a large skybound whale - young Princess Mycella prayed in the mystic Chamber of Rites to summon a hero who will save her world from the growing threat posed by Gandrake Enterprises. However, Rothschild interrupts the ritual, which causes the summoned hero – Musashi – to land just a bit off course. He's found by old martial artist Master Mew, who immediately takes him under his wing. Once Musashi's ready, Master Mew sends him into the heart of evil Gandrake Enterprises to rescue the captured Princess and thereby save the world.
Unfortunately for Musashi, President Gandrake kidnaps the Princess again to further the plots of his evil corporation to excavate the world's supply of nebulite and use the Mystics power to power his nebulium engine. To stop Gandrake, and ensure that he can return to his world, Musashi goes in search of the five Maidens that protect the five magic swords that have been lost in order to restore power to a mythical creature known as the Anthedon, which houses the city of Antheum. Along the way, Musashi will have to smash his way through Gandrake Enterprises's endless swarms of killer robots and directors, as well as native monstrosities.
Note: English name or Japanese name
- Musashi: A young fencer summoned by Mycella to save Antheum from Gandrake Enterprises.
- Princess Mycella: Princess of the magical realm of Antheum; she's the one who summons Musashi at the beginning of the game. She is similar to Princess Fillet, from the first game.
- Five Maidens: The girls who help Musashi, by powering his sword with their abilities. They are similr to the Five Scrolls, from the first game.
- Burrini or Tamie: Possesses the power of Earth.
- Fontina or Ricotta: Possesses the power of Water.
- Mirabo and Maribo or Murol and Murolait: Twin sisters who possess the power of Fire.
- Istara or Maquis: A swordswoman who possesses the power of Wind.
- Clochette: Possesses the power of Void.
- Master Mew or Mao: Old cat-like martial arts master. He discovers Musashi after the summoning deposits him in the new world, unconscious. Teaches Musashi the "Way of the Stray Cat". He is similar to Steward Ribson, from the first game.
- Gandrake: The evil president of Gandrake Enterprises. He is actually a former Samurai from Musashi's world, who's real name is Ganryu. He is similar to Kojiro, from the first game.
- Rothschild, Director of Administration: His success comes from his cold, cunning tactics. While trusted, no one knows what he's really thinking.
- Malbec or Albert, Director of Research and Development: An intelligent 10-year old boy. Creates the robot bosses that Musashi has to deal with in his encounters with Gandrake.
- Shiraz, Director of Intelligence: A disturbing villain. His position is suited to his frugal use of words. He can speak volumes with one lash of his razor-sharp tongue.
- Riesling or Tio, Director of Security: Not the brightest, and quick to anger. What he lacks in brains, he makes up in brawn. Frequently partners up with Glogg.
- Glogg or Ducasse, Director of Negotiations: His brute strength is unmatched, and he utilizes it in aggressive negotiations to secure his company's deals.